Sun, Aug 15, 2010 One-minute read
I sold my old hardware and arranged a new computer. This time, I didn’t use a water cooling system, the new computer is cooled just via air cooling.
This is the new hardware:
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
- Mainboard: Biostar TA890FXE
- GPU: Sapphire HD5850 Toxic
- RAM: 2 x 4 GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600 CL9
As I wanted my system to be silent, I decided to use a noise dampened case. Also a new CPU cooler was needed and of course a fan control.
I bought the following components:
- Noise dampened Lian Li PC-P50 Midi-Tower
- Thermaltake Venomous X CPU cooler
- Lamptron FC2 Fan Controller 5,25″ – black
The system works really good and the temperatures are fine, even after a few hours of crunching (BOINC). I haven’t been able to test a lot more yet, but I will do soon.